Just letting my readers know that , the patched kernel for old AMD and intel users (pre Core series). nawcom has created an installer that would just do that for you. You may download it from here. Please make sure that you’ve followed my updating OS X Guide first if you are about to update 10.6.x to 10.6.4 .
The good news about OSX 10.6.4 is that now we have variety of support for Intel Core i series and not to mention new drivers for the onboard Intel card. I’ll update EmpireEFI in the upcoming weeks to enable support from booting from OSX 10.6.3 DVD with the new stuff. Be prepared for that guys !
Changelog after the jump !
* Built-in kernel blacklister automatically blacklists bad kexts from loading. Therefore you don’t need to use a disabler to disable it manually
* bigger dmesg Which translates to a larger log file so that you can troubleshoot easily
* uuid patching/fix Eliminates the need of UUID kext or specifying manually
* fsb detection
* cpu cache detection
* reboot fix- Eliminates the need of OpenHaltRestart and fixes shutdown/reboot issue
* sse3emu -SSE3 emulator for SSE2 processors . Bear in mind that most of the applications in Snow Leopard run fine with this emulator.
* For people wanting to use XCode apps, I decided to add all the CHUD kexts to the kext blacklist. This means no more kp hell when installing and dealing with the development tools. If anyone thinks this is something that shouldn’t be added, let me know.
* Some of AnVs patches from the 10.6.2 diff
* BlackKnight’s fsb fix
* mucha’s lapic fix (common issues with new HP laptops, meklort plans on including a fix for this in Chameleon)
Features in this specific package: