This is my third segment (of my epic 5-segment review for this product). Be sure to check out part 1 and part 2 first. If you are in a hurry no worries – in my previous segment I have discussed the advantages of using the AquaTouch compared to a conventional shaver. Now in this part , I would discuss some tips and tricks using the Philips AquaTouch AT750 and as well as being man of the 21st century. We’ll be looking closer on how to make you into a modern man. Let us all face it , by staying classy as PSY would call it – a lot of people would go ga-ga after you (especially if you are single and if you think you are attractive). Most importantly , find out how you can take home the AuqaTouch that I am having (yes – you have heard it correctly)
more after the jump
Before we get into how Philips AquaTouch AT750 helps you to make you into a better man , let us take a look on some technical stuff before we get into man grooming tips with the AquaTouch (it is kind of weird that a geek is giving man grooming tips) and how to be man of the 21st century (and most importantly how you can win an AquaTouch !)
Power Consumption of Philips AquaTouch AT750
Okay rocket pants , before we get into being a man – first I want to be a geek (as I have always been) and I would like to talk a bit on the power consumption onf the Aqua Touch .Well the shaver itself lasts for a very long time , but the beauty of is it that if you leave it to charge overnight – it does not consume power at all. My Kill-A-Watt (a tool which is used to measure power consumption of a device) shows 0.0W , which means it is great. Suppose if the shaver is running low on battery (you have an LED Indicator which notifies you that it is low on power) , you can hook it up and charge it overnight. Once it has been charged , it does not draw any power and the power consumption is around 10-15W (when the battery is being charged) . Once again , Philips have actually proved that it is indeed the AquaTouch is for the modern man and for the environment as well . It is an energy-star compliant device (It is very hard to find an energy-star compliant electric razors :P)
3 ‘Fun n Easy’Grooming Tips with Philips AquaTouch AT750
Now it is the time for being a man .Well there are some tips and tricks that I would like to share. These tips and tricks were obtained from my dad (Thanks Dad !) , Google (Thank You Again Google) and my friends too. I’ll make it simple and straight forward so it can be your mantra when you use your Philips AquaTouch !
1. Preparing Your Beard – Shower before shaving , this is because by showering you are actually softening your beard hairs . Pair it together with shaving foam and voila you would have your beard soft as baby’s hair. Best way of getting your beard to soften – After you have shaved , be sure to wash the beard with warm water, dry it and finally dust with talcum powder.
2. Finding Direction of your Beard – Often times guys would just simply shave. It is important for you to find which direction your beard is growing so that you could use your Philips AquaTouch optimally. Gently rub your fingers over your face to find out what direction your beard is growing. Once you have found out the direction of your beard is growing , simply make small circular motions of the AquaTouch’s head on your face. Please do not apply pressure and do not go over the same spot
3. Cleanse your face on a regular basis with a facial soap – Most guys (myself included) who would use the same body soap for their face as well . After learning from my doctor that body soaps can be sometimes too strong as as facial cleansers as facial skin are much more sensitive than the skin on the body. She recommended for me to invest on a face cleanser , this would help to make the facial skin much more smoother (much like the ladies) and it would also make your beard and facial hairs easier to maintain
Being the Modern Man
Being the modern man is just not about shaving but it just involves more than just shaving and taking care of your facial appearance. In this segment , I would like to share some tips and tricks of being a modern man , so that ladies would fall in love with you (Be warned that you are getting this advice from a geek who has done research and studied the probability theories). I have come up with 3 simple ways on how you can be “upgraded” to a modern man
1. Men’s Health – It is important for you to take care of yourself and to understand your body better and to know what common health issues men do face. I would recommend checking out WebMD for this
2. Men’s Fashion Tips – I am a guy who likes to dress up in the 1940s – trust me , I love my Fedora Hat. However at times it is best to know how fashion have changed. It is best to keep your self up to date with Men’s Fashion (I know rarely guys would read them). As for me , I would try to keep myself up-to-date every 2 weeks by checking out Guardian’s Men Fashion
3. Exercise – According to an article by USA Today , it seems that being muscular actually attracts a lot of women (survival of the fittest) . It is important for guys (and geeks like myself) to get out of the couch/chair and start working out . You don’t have to sign a gym membership right away , start by doing simple exercises and slowly work your way
Oh yes be sure to socialize around too . Hang out with new friends , so that you would learn something new and who knows it would achieve your goal of becoming a better man !
Gimme an AquaTouch
That’s right folks. You can win yourself a free AquaTouch by simply going into here. The contest is fairly simple and straight forward. Be sure to check out other #Philips50Shaves reviews as well for their thoughts and inputs. (Hint Hint : This page contains them all) and answer the questions. Who knows you might just win a Philips AquaTouch. Once again , may the force be with you !
I am not going to reveal it for this week. It is going to be a surprise
You could also vote for me here , well by voting you would make yourself feel better and you give me a chance to get a complete make-over which I think would be the suitable gift that my readers give it to me for Christmas and probably it would transform me from a geek to sleek and cheesy guy
I would like to say that its not a sponsored post by Philips Malaysia but more towards my experience with the Philips AquaTouch itself. The review can be negative or positive as they have spent out that each reviewers have their freedom of expression to express their thoughts
My Journey with Philips AT750